School Curriculum Overviews
We add our class overviews each term, you can view our archived overviews on our website. Have a look at our Twitter feed to view some of our work and achievements.
Year group curriculum plans
- Reception Curriculum Overview
- Y1 Curriculum Map
- Y2 Curriculum Map
- Y3 Curriculum Map
- Y4 Curriculum Map
- Y5 Curriculum Map
- Y6 Curriculum Map
Curriculum Maps Autumn Term 2021
- Reception Autumn Curriculum Map
- Year 1 Autumn Curriculum Map
- Year 2 Autumn Curriculum Map
- Year 3 Autumn Curriculum Map
- Year 4 Autumn Curriculum Map
- Year 5 Autumn Curriculum Map
- Year 6 Autumn Curriculum Map
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
All pupils follow the National Curriculum at a level and a pace that is appropriate to their abilities. Our SEND philosophy places SEND children at the heart of personalised learning and our curriculum is tailored to meet individual pupils needs. At times and when it is felt appropriate, modifications to the curriculum may be implemented. To successfully match pupil ability to the curriculum, Shotley Bridge Primary School remain committed to:
- A range of teaching and learning styles
- Differentiated learning materials
- Access to ICT and Technology
- Additional in class support
- Additional out of class support
- Many Enrichment and Enjoyment opportunities to stimulate and motivate learning
- Flexible groupings – including small group support work
- An innovative and supportive curriculum
- The appropriate use of rewards and sanctions
- A broad range of extra-curricular activities, including homework club, one to one support and booster/extension sessions
- Assessment procedures that emphasise pupils’ strengths and achievements and enable pupils to know how to improve.
If you would like further information on Our Curriculum, please contact your child’s class teacher via the school office. Further SEND information can be found in our Curriculum Policy in our School Policies section. If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.