At Shotley Bridge Primary School, our Reception children are RESPECTFUL, RESILIENT and RESPONSIBLE.
Respect for Ourselves
· We explore similarities and differences and are proud to be unique.
· We learn that it is normal to have different feelings and learn how to respond to these.
· We look after our bodies by learning how to make healthy choices.
· We have lots of opportunities to exercise and move so that our bodies are strong and healthy.
Respect for Each Other
· we have opportunities to play with children from both classes so we learn to develop friendships.
· We learn that there are different families but all have the same love.
· We experience cultures and traditions, being respectful of those that are different to our own.
Respect for the World
· We spend time outdoors, appreciating nature and learning how to care for it.
· We enjoy learning at ‘Leafland’ to help us understand the natural cycle of life.
· We explore living things in the world around us to learn care and concern.
· We learn that we are never to small to make a big change in our world.
· We are allowed to make mistakes, because this is how we learn.
· We embrace challenges in our work and in our play.
· We learn we may have disagreements with people, but then learn how to make amends.
· We have opportunities to return to things so that we learn to make things better.
· We are set open-ended tasks so that we learn that there isn’t always a right answer.
· We are encouraged to take risks (within safe boundaries)
· We are supported to try, try and try again.
· We are encouraged to take responsibility for many of our decisions.
· We chose what to have for snack and when to have it.
· We choose where to play and how to use the resources.
· We choose who to play with.
· We learn to take responsibility for our behaviour.
· We are responsible for being the best that we can be.
· We look after our learning environment and resources.
· We are encouraged to responsible for our town and the wider world